Our History

The Houlton Rotary Club was established on February 20, 1920 as the first Rotary Club north of Bangor. Frank A. Peabody, founder of the FA Peabody Insurance Company and Charles H. Fogg, editor of the Houlton Times were the prime leaders in getting the Rotary Club in operation. Today we have nearly 85 members throughout the greater Houlton area representing a wide variety of occupations. During its 96 year history the Houlton Rotary Club has been proud to support projects in the Greater Houlton Area and abroad. Some of the various projects that Rotarians have assisted with include:

  • Houlton Area Playgrounds
  • Houlton Community Arts Center
  • Houlton Skate Park
  • Houlton Regional Hospital (seed money for start up)
  • Boy and Boot Fountain restoration
  • Town Clock Bell system restoration
  • Cary Library renovations for a children’s library
  • Boy and the Boot Endowment Fund
  • Display cabinet for the tourist center
  • Houlton Amphitheater
  • Millar Civic Center
  • Regional Fire Training Facility
  • Soap Box Derby Hill
  • Dollars for Scholars
  • Salvation Army
  • River Front Project
  • Meduxnekeag River Canoe Race
  • Houlton Humane Society
  • Maine Adoption Placement Service
  • Aroostook County Historical & Art Museum
  • SAD 70 playground
  • Student Recognition Day
  • Houlton Garden Club
  • Houlton Bambino League
  • Greater Houlton Christian Academy
  • Houlton History Video
  • Dollars for Scholars (SAD 29, SAD 70, SACHS)
  • Little League Field

ยจ . . . . to name only a few

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *